ARANYA AGRICULTURAL ALTERNATIVES (Permaculture India) is an environmental and developmental organization registered (No.1502 of 1999) under the AP (Telangana Area) Public Societies Registration Act 1350 Fasli (Act 1 f1350 F).It is facilitating and providing services to the communities, organizations, government and other national and international agencies since 1999.Aranya has well experienced professionals with a maximum of 25 years of experience in environment and development sectors.
Aranya is a self-regulating system
‘Aranya’is a Sanskrit word, which actually means Forest. Ancient Indian mythology considered forest as the home and for all life forms. The forest is defined as a sustainable energy generating system, and is a vital ecosystem maintaining ecological balance .ARANYA (The Forest) is also the source and guiding principle of agriculture. It is a self-regulating process, with abilities to sustain the present and the future. Therefore the organization was christened ARANYA AGRICULTURE ALTERNATIVES (ARANYA) to encapsulate the regeneration philosophy of age old Indian nature tradition.
“ARANYA” aims to provide alternative solutions to the present conventional and chemical agricultural practices. Since forest is the mother of agriculture, ARANYA is committed to follow the philosophy of natural agricultural practices with focus on forest farming so as to take up production without causing destruction to planet earth, enabling all life forms to coexist. To achieve sustainable development on our Earth, mankind must act only in accordance with nature. ARANYA strongly believes that there is only one law i.e., Nature’s Law and human beings should not extract anything beyond their needs from the nature and also should return whatever that remains unused back to nature, a law which can be stated as LAW OF RETURNS to increase the ability of sustainable production.
Achieving Ecological and Sustainable Agricultural Livelihoods through Permaculture farming practices for a Green Globe
- To advocate and promote alternative and Permanent Agriculture practices with focus on sustainable natural resource management
- To organize and strengthen the rural and farming communities to achieve food and nutrition security
- To promote biodiversity conservation, natural resources management with emphasis on climate change mitigation
- To empower rural communities women , farmers and youth on Permaculture practices, through capacity building
- To empower women in particular to facilitate processes through which they would gain access and control over natural resources
- To promote sustainable livelihoods by capacity building of different rural communities regarding indigenous and native technologies