PRO-POOR INNOVATION – SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS PROMOTION THROUGH NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
ARANYA believes on sustainable agriculture and mostly subsistence farming systems for enhanced food and nutrition security, ensures sustainability of livelihoods through Natural Resource Management. The sustainability depends on the management systems to access, control and manage forest, water, soil, and vegetation and livestock resources.
Major NRM initiatives in Adilabad
- Biodiversity Conservation (seed banks , Awareness campaigns, Local species conservation and promotion)
- Strengthening of Water Users Associations in Minor, Medium and Major irrigation projects
- Participatory Irrigation Management
- Promotion of Sustainable agricultural practices
- Eco-Friendly practices promotion
- Water conservation works through water shed project implementation
- Soil and water conservation ( Including watershed programs, dry land farming systems)
- Plantation and Horticulture (tree based farming wadi development, organic farming)
- Forestry activities( Bamboo based farming, energy plantations, Waste land development, rehabilitation and management/ Community Forest management, Pasture development, Bio Diversity Conservation)
- Dry land Farming systems management( including livestock and aqua resources)
- Climate change adoption / Clean Development mechanism
- Adopting and promoting several Permacultural practices in tribal areas
In tune with Aranya’s objectives, Programmes on Natural Resources Management were launched and implemented since 2001 and till day being continued through several projects namely National Environmental Awareness Campaign(NEAC), Watershed projects, Social & Environmental management project, Irrigation schemes, Tribal development Fund(TDF)project, Natural Ecological Project(NATECO),Farmers Training & Capacity building based projects, Tribal Permacultural Projects(TPP) and ohere general green initiatives in integration with several other projects.