This PDC is organised by Aranya Agricultural Alternatives at Aranya farm, Bidakanne, Zaheerabad.
The course offers a comprehensive introduction to permaculture principles, design practices and their application, with a particular focus on permaculture in the community. Our 13-day program allows participants ample time to digest theory, get hands-on experience and becomes part of the daily rhythms of the Aranya Permaculture Farm. We will also leave students with the tools and confidence to implement permaculture solutions in their own environments.
The curriculum is embellished and customized to the local landscape and to accommodate the needs of each individual participant.
Participants will not only receive theoretical frameworks but also gain extensive practical experience in each of the following subjects:
• Ethics and principles of permaculture
• Systems thinking & methods of design
• Understanding patterns in nature
• Climates, microclimates, and landscape recognition
• Trees & their energy transactions
• Soil rehabilitation and erosion control
• Plant identification and propagation
• Food Forest
• Earthworks and Water harvesting
• Seed Preservation
• Cropping patterns
• Grey & Black water management
• Kitchen Garden
• Social Permaculture
• Ecological pest management
• Drought Proofing / Climate Change Resilience
• Building biodiversity
• Livestock systems and integration
• Windbreaks and fire control
• Practical Designing Exercise
Narsanna Koppula – Permaculturist
General Secretary, Aranya Agricultural Alternatives and Team
In addition to the above, we will have a few guest teachers who will bring varied skills, experiences and perspectives to the course!
Phone: +917396089327, +917569720601
Registration form: https://bit.ly/33tKBia
PDC course description: http://permacultureindia.org/permaculture-design-course/